Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
You can now purchase Nationwide home & auto coverage online from Overbay Insurance Service.
We are licensed to sell coverage to clients in North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.
Buy Home & Auto Coverage Now >
If you are involved in an accident or you experience another loss related to your vehicle, you want to be protected against paying out-of-pocket for repairs or replacements. Auto insurance can be an important part of that protection. There are many policies available to you, so contact the agents at Overbay Insurance Services today to discuss your options.
What Is Auto Insurance?
Auto insurance, like other types of coverage, is a contract between you and your insurance company. You pay the insurance company a premium each month in exchange for that company’s financial protection in the event of a covered loss.
What Do Auto Insurance Policies Cover?
Depending on the policy you choose, your coverages will vary. Here are some of the most popular coverages:
- Collision insurance—This portion of your policy helps cover damage costs if you are involved in a collision.
- Liability insurance—If you are at fault in a wreck, this type of coverage helps insure you against any damage you cause others. Most states, including North Carolina, require drivers to carry minimum amounts of liability insurance. There are two kinds of coverage included in liability insurance:
- Property damage liability—This coverage helps pay for damage to the other driver’s property (e.g., their car).
- Bodily injury liability—This coverage helps pay for medical bills and sometimes death benefits for the other person involved in the wreck.
- Medical payments (MedPay) insurance—This portion of your policy helps you pay for the medical bills of you and your passengers if you are involved in an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance—This type of coverage helps you cover the cost of damages caused by someone who doesn’t have adequate auto insurance, specifically liability coverage.
- Comprehensive insurance—This portion of your policy covers damages that are not related to a wreck, such as theft, weather damage or vandalism.
Why Do I Need Auto Insurance?
Again, most states, including North Carolina, require drivers to carry minimum amounts of liability auto insurance to operate a vehicle. If you are renting your car, your lender may also require you to have auto insurance. It is also always a good idea to insure your vehicle so that you and your passengers can stay safe on the road.
Get Auto Insurance Today
The agents at Overbay Insurance Services are committed to helping you find a policy to fit your specific needs. Give us a call at (828) 452-4699 or request an online quote today.